Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Lord, I Need Your Hope


Lamentations 3:24
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,“Therefore I hope in Him!”

"You will need an assistant at Bootcamp next year." My dear friend reminded me of this fact after I had asked for her to step in and help get me to where I needed to be at this upcoming conference.  She explained that the people helping me would be missing out on valuable class time they'd spent a great deal of money to attend.  While my head knew she was right, my heart said otherwise.  I was comfortable with the ones I knew best assisting me.  As my emotions and depression began taking a firm grip, those feeling were running away from me faster than I could catch up.  Finally in absolute despair, I cried out to God.  "Lord, I need your hope and strength.  I can't make it through this alone." As I continued to call out the name of Jesus begging for a life preserver, once again my emotions settled back to bearable heights. My situation didn't change.  My need for an assistant was still there.  What changed was that I was finally letting God step in and take control of the situation.  I was finally realizing that no matter how much the depression and despair had me in its grip, God was still greater. His peace was greater.   

In your life, what has had you off balance emotionally? What has had you crying out to God for a life preserver? Let me encourage you, don't do it alone.  You'll wear yourself out.  Let Him take you by the hand and lead you through the troubled waters.


Father, thank You for providing a lifeline when we can't go on anymore.  I pray for each reader as she navigates the troubled waters of life.  Show her that she doesn't have to do it alone and

that You're there just waiting for her to cry out to You. In Jesus Name, Amen.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great reminder for all of us to call out to God for hope. He answers! Thanks, Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Jamie! Like you and I said the other day, "Growing pains are hard." But I see you stepping into the calling God has on your life - taking it to the next level. I can't wait to see what He has in store for you. I love you Jamie girl.

    ReplyDelete