Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Rest

Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth! (Psalm 46:10, NKJV)

You hear those 2 words, and what comes to your mind? You may think of telling your child to stay in a certain until told differently. But, let me paint another picture for you. To "be still" means to sit...to relax. It means to cease our striving. Ladies, that's what God wants from us. He wants us to stop, to cease striving and to sit with Him. He wants to speak to us, and if we're always on the move He's unable to do that. Today, are you willing to sit still...to sit quietly before the Lore and let Him speak?

Be Still and know that I am God. Be still and know that I Am. Be still and know that I Am. Be still and know that I. Be still and know that. Be still and know. Be still and. Be still. And finally, Be.


 Lord, we want to just "Be" in Your presence. Help us Lord to do that.

4 comments:

  1. Your words make the think of Mary who worshiped at His feet. Good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you took the verse "Be still and know that I am God" and broke it down by taking off one word at a time until it was simply "Be." I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Ellen. That's powerfull Jamie. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read and heard several messages recently about "being" instead of "doing." I think God may be trying to tell us/me something!

    ReplyDelete