Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Faithful Friends

A man who has friends must himself be friendly,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24, NKJV)

"Your radio show today was terrific and I loved every minute of it." that was one of the first messages my dear friend Vonda Easley and I exchanged on facebook. Neither of us knew the friendship that would develop with those few words. Since then, we've laughed, we've cried and everything inbetween. The thing is, we've never met in person. Vonda has been a very faithful friend. But, there's a catch to this story. No matter how faithful Vonda and I are to our friendship, we have one faith that binds us together. That's our faith in God. Without that, our friendship would be meaningless. Though we're faithful to one another, God is even more faithful than either of us ever could be. I'm sure in days to come, we'll let one another down. But, God never will. Has God blessed you with a faithful friend? If not, ask Him to provide that special lady for you.

Father, thank You for the gift of friendship. I ask You to give each of my readers that special friend. Provide them with a woman they can trust and confide in. In Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely Jamie. Friendships are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I count you among my greatest friendships. Love you!

    ReplyDelete