Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Who or What Validates You?

For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. (Romans 8:29, NKJV)

"Your devotions is in the upcoming book." "Here's your exceptance letter. You'll be published in January."

These were 2 emails I've received in the last few weeks letting me know that I've been published as a writer. I've waited three years to get to this point. But, in all of that I've realized something. Though I'm thrilled to now be able to say that I'm a published author, these accomplishments don't validate me as a writer. Only one validates that calling. And His name is Jesus. I thought for a long time that because I wasn't being published, I wasn't good enough. I thought that's what defined me. But, it wasn't. God defines me...He is my validation. Ladies, what validates you today?

Father, thank You for validating each of our callings. I pray for my readers today...that you'll give her the validation she longs for. Amen. .

5 comments:

  1. Perfect scripture! and a great post Jamie. Blessings on your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly right, Jamie. Who we are (God's children) not what we do, is what matters most. It's important to remember that, especially in the tough times or when we doubt ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you, sweet Jamie! Keep on being salt and light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Jamie!! Yay God!!! I'm so proud of you. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Jamie! You've worked hard and stuck to it, even when things didn't go as you had hope. But now we see that God was hard at work in the background, lining everything up for this very moment!

    ReplyDelete