Tuesday, September 24, 2013

TO GO!


Our writers group, The Encouragers, had been given the prompt “To Go” and it was due tomorrow! I was annoyed and frustrated because I had not been able to come up with a solid idea. Writer’s block seemed to be taunting me. Finally, I plopped down on the couch and tried to calm my fears. Once again, I prayed for inspiration. I typed a tentative title at the top of the Word Document page and waited for God’s creativeness to begin. It wasn’t long before this declaration came forth.

Going

I’m going to be a writer
Whether you like it or not.
Place the words in motion
In the order of my thoughts.
God will guide the process
As I search to find His will
He knows the lives He wants to touch
With the strokes of my holy quill.


There…I had something written down now.


What I noticed next, only God could have orchestrated. As I centered the poem, a teacup/saucer shape appeared.

I’m going to be a writer
Whether you like it or not.
Place the words in  motion
In the order of my thoughts.
God will guide the process
As I search to find His will
He knows the lives He wants to touch
With the strokes of my holy quill.

I was shocked and joyously surprised. Then, when I realized that the lady who had given the prompt collected cups and saucers, faith continued to fill my soul! God had answered my prayer with a flare in order to maintain my focus on His guided provisions and my ability to hear. Now, when the doubts and fears invade my mind, I only need to remember this poem to encourage the juices to flow again.

Are you going through something that has challenged your abilities to proceed? Have you allowed the threat of failure to invade your soul in the final hours? God knows our situations better then we do and He is committed to giving us all the encouragement, wisdom and resources we will need to overcome. Talk to Him…then be still and know that He is God.

Mary Jane Downs is a writer, teacher, and speaker. She was recently published in Pearls of Promise devotional. You can visit her blog called Joy In The Morning at www.maryjanewrites.com where she posts weekly. Mary Jane lives at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains near Asheville, North Carolina with her golden lab, Buddy and her cat, Action Jackson.


No comments:

Post a Comment