Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Joy of being Sisters

A man who has friends must himself be friendly,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24, NKJV)

The service came to the altar call as the congregation around us stood to their feet in reverence to the Lord. As the first note was sung, my "sisters" and I headed down to the altar for a time with one another and with God. We'd spent the weeekend in laughter and having fun. It was now time to re-afirm our faith and also our individual callings to the Lord and to our friendship. We prayed blessings over one another as well as for strength to face what lay ahead. Little did either of us know, the very next day one of us would need that strength and blessing poured back into us once again. And again, the others were there to give that hope and peace. Ladies, there's nothing like the joy of having a sister. A sister in the Lord is sometimes the only thing that keeps us standing. What are you facing today that only the joy of a sister can get you through? God designs us to have close relationships. Let that relationship begin with Him, but then let a sister come along side you to help carry the load.

Father, thank You for our sisters. Thank You especially Lord for these two women that have enriched my life over the last 3 days. I pray for each reader. If she doesn't yet have a sister she can call on, I ask You provide her with one. In Jesus Name, Amen.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to our sisterhood. Blessings on you and your writing! God has great things ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this Jamie. You are rich in sisterhood, aren't you JB? I am so thankful for who God has given me as sisters. So thankful for you. Blessings. I love you little sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great weekend with your friends, Jamie. Praying your week is blessed and that you feel the warmth of your extended sisterhood.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, Little Sis! I'm so glad God allowed us to spend the weekend together in the beautiful city of Wilmington, NC. The worship service at Antioch Baptist Church was the perfect ending to our time together. Blessings to you and those you love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ain't nothin' like sister-friends. I love you Jamie girl and I'm so thankful you're in my life.

    ReplyDelete